Date: December 26, 2022
Classification & Title: Analyst 2/3, Acquisition and Procurement Technical Writer
Work Time: Full Time, Exempt
Work Location: Falls Church, VA
Contingencies: Contract Award, and Maintain DOD Secret Security Clearance
Salary Range: $112,800--$159,800
ABOUT NOVUS CAPSTONE
Novus Capstone is a unique company operating at the crossroads of federal research and development institutions, intelligence and national security programs, and private sector entrepreneurialism. Novus Capstone was formed in 2017 as a certified veteran-owned small business to provide focused research and technical services to the federal national security community and its commercial and industry partners. Leveraging many decades of federal and private sector national security technology development experience, Novus Capstone brings its entrepreneurialism and innovative thinking to our partner’s national security programs.
Novus Capstone’s Research and Analysis Group seeks a candidate to serve as the subject matter expert and focal point for acquisition and procurement technical writing support functions. The duty location is on customer site in Falls Church, VA. The selected candidate will work as a critical member of a team to create, revise, review, research, coordinate and manage acquisition and procurement-related technical documentation and presentations to include Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), market research, Justification and Approvals (J&As), white papers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• The Acquisition and Procurement Technical Writer will assist acquisition and requirements (A&R) teams with collecting and organizing information for the preparation of acquisition documents and additionally, to maintain records, files, and assist A&R with documentation of tasks to ensure compliance in accordance with all required policies and reporting instructions.
• Support and assist the A&R in analyzing, organizing, assembling, developing, preparing, writing, reviewing, and publishing manuals, presentations, technical specifications, process or data flow diagrams, evaluation criteria documents for proposals, contract modifications and complex analytical reports, both in hard copy and electronically.
• Interact and coordinate with the program office’s technical staff, analysts, program managers, and the customer; arrange calls and meetings, answer requests for information and prepare reports and other general correspondence.
• Determine the needs of users of technical documentation and revise content material prepared by others; proofread text for errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling and check for readability. Suggest revisions to improve clarity or accuracy. Incorporate graphs, charts, or photographs to clarify and enhance presentations.
• Organize and standardize content and follow all necessary templates, references, and security guidelines to ensure a consistent message and tone for meeting the customer’s goals and objectives and for submission and release to senior officials and other government agencies.
• Must hold an active DOD Secret Security Clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Political Science, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related field.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting large technical writing projects, preferably within a legal or government acquisition or procurement environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Government’s competitive acquisition process, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, oversight of acquisition, and planning policies, guidelines, and processes.
• Proficiency in word processing and other desktop publishing suites, such as Microsoft and Adobe.
• Ability to distill complex technical discussions into simple, easy-to-read English.
• Analytical skills to permit translation of program and mission objectives into overall acquisition documentation, for use by a variety of users, including management, developers, engineers, and operators.
• Professional inter-personal skills, including superb speaking and listening abilities, initiative, attention to detail and a commitment to teamwork.
• 401(k) 7% direct company contribution
• Unlimited unpaid time off (minimum contract hours and/or other funded work hours must be met)
• Qualified health insurance monthly premium reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today!
Novus Capstone, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Novus Capstone, LLC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Mobirise site builder - Learn more